CNN Dips in the “Candy” Jar
Matt | On 31, Jan 2010
Congratulations are in order for CNN’s veteran political correspondent, Candy Crowley!
She will be taking over the anchor spot on the network’s “State of the Union” – one of the dominant Sunday morning cable political talk shows. Ms. Crowley is also the only woman holding that distinction in the field of Sunday morning talk. Do it Lil’ Candy!
Crowley will replace John King, who took the job just last year to give Wolf Blitzer a break. Johnny will now host his own weeknight show, airing at 7:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 p.m. PT, that will replace the slot Lou-Lou Dobbs left open. So, it looks like a win/win for a lot of people.
Personally, I like Candy in the Sunday morning politics lineup. If you haven’t read her resume, she can school the best of the best any day of the week! This lady has covered some of the following key events in history:
- The shooting of Abraham Lincoln. She was in the playhouse.
- The entire Suffrage Movement
- The stock market crash of 1929 and the signing of the New Deal
- A play-by-play of Rosa’s experience on the bus
- Every single breath taken by Barack, Hillary, and McCain between 2007-2008
Ok, so I might be SLIGHTLY exaggerating! But please know, that Ms. Crowley is not “pulling the Palin” on us. She clearly knows where Russia is and has been there several times before Sarah was born!