Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Prune Juice Media | December 9, 2016

Scroll to top

Top

No Comments

Obama’s Turning U.S. Into “Nation of Slaves,” Says Michele Bachmann

| On 12, Jul 2010

Rep. Michele Bachmann is trying to save YOU from a life of Obama-led SLAVERY!

Now that you’ve gotten the initial “WHAT THE HELL?” out of your system from reading the headline.  Here’s what’s going on.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minnesota) keeps trumping her own self in the area of “bat sh*t crazy.” Last Friday, she made an appearance at the Western Conservative Summit in Denver.  That’s when the hinges officially fell off the gate and Michelle came running through!

Her speech basically invoked the idea that we are a nation of slaves under President Obama and subject to his tyrannical rule.  Yes, she implied this.  Her speech contained a quote from Founding Father John Jay who spoke of a “nation of slaves.”  She listed some of Obama’s policies that support her theory, including a government takeover of industries, healthcare rationing, and out-of-control spending.

Bachmann is a staunch fiscal conservative who wants to cut everything in her path that leads to (her version of) “fiscal discipline.” Her plan includes broad-based tax cuts, entitlement program cuts, and a repeal of “Obamacare.”  So, she got a lot of love from her audience.

She noted that the way we can come out from under this rule .. a ha! .. is to vote for true “constitutional conservatives.”  She wants other crazies like herself in Congressional leadership to finally get the country on the right path.  Major side-eye.

Here’s where I have a problem.  If Obama is turning America into a nation of slaves, then didn’t George W. Bush go to the Motherland and chain/capture and float our asses back to America TO BE enslaved?! We ran a budget surplus under Bill Clinton and Bush smoked that in his first term in office (i.e., fiscal irresponsibility).  Our two wars have been fought completely off budget, another Bush tactic.  The Bush tax cuts did nothing but enrich the top 1% of Americans and were firmly in place during the financial collapse of 2008 (i.e., slavery for the other 99% of us).  Bush also started the TARP program in 2008 to save the failing banks (i.e., corporate welfare).  Her selective reasoning is making absolutely no sense.

And if what we’re experiencing NOW is slavery, it’s nowhere near as bad as the history books made it out to be.  We are so blessed as a nation even in our troubles. It pisses me off when people use major characterizations like that to get a small point across.  So Michelle likes constitutional conservatives.  Don’t play to the lowest common denominator to try to get your views out to the masses.  Uggh…


Submit a Comment