Prune Juice ‘Media Thoughts’ [December 12, 2010]
Matt | On 12, Dec 2010
Today I was watching the Sunday political talk shows. I thought it would be a great time to tweet a few things about the current state of politics.
- When I watch “Meet the Press” I see why people think politics is so boring. Speak our language, please.
- I understand concerns about national debt, but does that really matter when two million people could have no income?
- Real talk, though. I want to know when the leadership is going to truly address the DEBT of this country.
- NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg is right. Obama’s success is the COUNTRY’S success. Whether you support him or not, he has to succeed.
- Mayor Bloomberg wants to attach a green card to the graduate degrees of every immigrant in the US to encourage them to stay. What do you think about that?
- Gas is back to damn near or above $3.00/gallon. And we’re not pursuing alternative energy because of….?
- I heard about Bill Clinton answering questions from the briefing podium in the White House. Ummm…
- I just don’t see how two million people without income AND higher taxes would have helped a shitty economy.
- Who in the hell left the gate open on Harold Ford Jr.’s hairline?!
- R.I.P. Elizabeth Edwards.
- Dear Rielle Hunter (John Edwards’s mistress) .. you can’t steal someone’s man and not expect his late wife to haunt your ass now that she’s in Glory.
- Obama is sensitive about press coverage. Well dammit, he needs to quit talking to WSJ and NYT and talk to some REAL POLITICAL BLOGGERS!
- Sarah Palin went to Haiti, but wouldn’t let Haitian or American media get to her. Is FOX pimping the Haitian people for her Prez bid?
- CNN said Candy Crowley WILL beat that face and do her hair to anchor a show! She used to look a mess as a correspondent.
- David Axlerod, WH Sr. Adviser, could easily pass as Dr. Phil’s calm identical twin brother.
- Here’s to 2011 .. the year the media is going CRAZY over Election 2012 talk. Jesus be a mute button.
- Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) looks like a younger version of Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) with better grammar.
- Michael Steele is supposed to announce tomorrow whether he plans to stay on as RNC chair. I think the ‘I Don’t Give a Shit Mass Choir’ is playing in the background.
- To those that didn’t vote on November 2, you do know that part of this mess is your fault. Right?
- Did President Obama really say OUT LOUD that he had to leave the briefing room to head to a holiday party? His host’s eggnog ain’t that damn good.