Prune Juice ‘Media Thoughts’ [October 19, 2010]
Matt | On 19, Oct 2010
Over the weekend, I was thinking about some of the more idiotic and questionable aspects of politics and media.
I started to share a few of my thoughts on my Twitter page. They seemed to be a big hit with lots of retweets and feedback. As I think of new ones, which you KNOW I will, I’ll post them on the blog from time to time.
So, for the Twitter-challenged among us, here’s a list of a few things that have been on my mind. Feel free to leave a comment or further questions. If you’re on Twitter, search for the hashtag #mediathoughts.
- Whoopi and Joy almost ruined Barbara’s new heart last week on The View.
- Christine O’Donnell is Sarah Palin 2.0. It’s like going from Windows 98 to 95.
- When I watch Meet the Press, I miss Tim Russert. #RIP
- The fact that Jon Stewart can hold a better rally than most politicos is hilarious. Can’t wait for #Rally4Sanity.
- If I had a show and Alvin Greene was a guest, I’d tell him, “Sir, have a goddamn seat!” Unacceptable.
- So, since we’re holding blogger meetings at the White House now, can PJM get in on the action? I’m just saying.
- The media is still talking ‘Palin 2012‘ for the White House. Where is random drug screening when you need it?
- How can I have one of the 10 letters that Obama reads daily from Americans? I’d put a few bills in there too. Pay them!
- We may not agree on politics, but Sarah Palin knows how to make her money. Add Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh to that list.
- After November, will I need to give Delaware and Nevada voters the same side-eye I gave Ohio in 2004 for their Bush vote?
- I hope CNN got rid of that damn hologram thingy from the 2008 election. WTF? Just use a split screen.
- I wouldn’t vote for Meg Whitman for California governor just off of that hairstyle (and her illegal maid).
- I need to be a personal Obama advisor. I’ll be the WTF, LMAO, GTFOH voice of reason for the Administration.
- Sad fact that Christine O’Donnell had to run an ad saying she’s NOT a witch. Smh. WTF does a witch do in 2010?!
- Ohio is pissed off with Obama. They should be pissed at themselves for re-electing Bush and two piss-poor governors.
- Love the president and all, but he should have been out “energizing the base” a year ago.
- Obama’s approval is in the mid-40 percent range. People are complaining. What about when Bush’s was in the low-20s?
- Early voting has started in many states. Will you participate?
- My Twitter timeline was filled (on Monday) with the world premiere of a 9-year-old’s video [Willow Smith]. Let’s fill up these POLLS on Nov. 2 too.