WWF Media Wrestling: Obama vs. Baier!
Matt | On 18, Mar 2010
From the first question, Brett Baier was trying to pull the South Side of Chicago out of President Obama in yesterday’s interview FOX News! Not a good look…
The bulk of the interview centered on the upcoming vote in Congress on healthcare reform. Brett came to the Blue Room of the White House armed with 18,000 questions (literally) from FOX viewers, of which he read a few. POTUS, as usual, was prepared for battle with retorts, facts, and rebuttals to any and everything FOX could throw at him.
The interview is about 20 minutes long, but it’s pretty good because it gives POTUS somewhat of a chance to explain himself in the healthcare debate. Still here are some highlights:
- Brett came to the White House and interviewed the Prez with a BIG PINK CLIPBOARD?! #WhoDoesThat??
- About halfway through the interview, the audio and video get out of sync. This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine with TV and the Internet. It happens sometimes, though.
- Brett CONTINUED to cut the president off throughout this interview. He is determined to field questions about state “fixes” (i.e., favors) in the bill. He also claims that FOX viewers are up in arms about the legislative process that isn’t being so kind to Republicans. Really Brett? There are probably some FOX viewers that don’t know that Washington, D.C. is the nation’s capital! #ImJustSaying
- At 18:12, Obama just gives up and starts laughing while Brett is talking. At this point, he was so tired of being interrupted.
- At least the interview ended with a gentleman’s handshake and an apology from Brett for the interruptions. POTUS excused it.