Here are some helpful links to information you will need to prepare for the 2015 and 2016 elections:
VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- Registration Deadlines by State – Shows when your voter registration application must be received or postmarked by state officials to be eligible to vote in the election. Please note that many of the registration deadlines for the November election fall in early October.
- Online Voter Registration – At least twenty states offer this convenient option. Another seven states offer either a limited registration option or have plans to implement the system soon. Check this updated list to see if you can register online.
- Can I Vote? – Use the drop-down menu to pick your state and be taken directly to specific information about checking a current registration and/or voting rules.
- Early Voting – At least thirty-six states offer early voting of some form to registered voters. Check out the interactive map for details. If so, then you can find more information on the Can I Vote? page for dates, etc.
VOTER ID LAWS:
- Voter ID Map – Click on your state to learn more about the proper documentation needed to vote at the polls. **(Please note that some states’ voter ID laws have become stricter in recent years.)**
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS! If you’re a blogger, consider dedicating a quick post with a link back to this page. We have to help one another to be informed at a grassroots level. This is not about any particular candidate, but rather your right to vote as an American citizen.
Last update: September 24, 2015